Thursday, August 27, 2009

Blueberry Yogurt Muffins

My gang picking berries this Monday. I think they ate more than they put into their buckets!







Blueberry Yogurt Muffins

1 egg
2 (6 oz. each) cartons blueberry yogurt (or plain with a little added honey)
1/4 c. oil
2 c. all purpose flour
1/2 c. sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. fresh blueberries or 3/4 c. frozen blueberries, thawed, rinsed and well drained

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line 12 muffin tin cups with paper muffin cups (mine stuck to the paper, so next time I will just grease the pan). Beat egg in large bowl; stir in yogurt and oil. Mix in flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Immediately remove from pan. Makes 12 muffins (I actually got 22 out of one batch -- maybe my muffin tin is smaller).

Enjoy with butter while still warm!

No comments: