Thursday, August 27, 2009

Corn and Zucchini Saute with Basil

July 16, 2009

This is a quick, tasty way to use that zucchini and basil you have growing in abundance in your garden. I'm still waiting for my zucchini to mature, but there is almost more basil than I can handle!

Corn and Zucchini Saute with Basil
(from Everyday Food)

Ingredients:
6 ears of corn, husks and silks removed (I've also used canned corn, drained)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
1 garlic clove, minced (I love garlic, so I put 3-4 cloves)
coarse salt and ground pepper
1 c. fresh basil leaves, torn
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar

1. Cut off tip of each cob. Stand corn in a wide shallow bowl; using a sharp knife, slice downward to release kernels. Discard cobs.

2. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high. Add zucchini and garlic and cook, tossing, until zucchini is bright green, 1-2 minutes. Add corn and season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, until corn is heated through, 1 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in basil and vinegar.

No comments: