Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Banana Nut Bread

October 26, 2010

I've made this recipe many times and my family loves it!









Banana Nut Bread

1/2 c. Shortening
1 1/2 c. Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 well-beaten eggs
2 c. Flour (I often use all whole wheat or mix with unbleached)
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
4 Tbsp. Milk (add 1-2 Tbsp. more if using all whole wheat flour)
1 c. Banana pulp
1 c. Nuts (omit, if desired)

Cream shortening and sugar. Add vanilla and eggs. Beat until creamy. Add flour with baking soda and salt. Mix, then add milk and banana pulp. Mix, then add nuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes if using 1 large loaf pan, or for 45-50 minutes if using 2 small loaf pans.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I like to make it really healthy and add chocolate chips. :)
I love banana bread!